“Funded by the Erasmus+ Program of the European Union. However, European Commission and Turkish National Agency cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein”



Meeting Name: Kick-Off Meeting
Date of Meeting:  (MM/DD/YYYY) 30 July 2018 Time: Full Day
Meeting Host: Bahcesehir University Location: Bahcesehir University, South Campus, Besiktas, İstanbul, Turkey
1.     Meeting Objectives
The meeting was hosted by Bahcesehir University, was carried out in Istanbul. In the meeting projects’ objectives and aims were highlighted, the macro plan has been made, responsibilities have been distributed, and upcoming events have been planned. Meeting had a purpose for facilitating among partners.  
2.    Meeting Attendances
Name Organization
Tufan Adıgüzel (Coordinator) Bahcesehir University
Burcu Boncukcu Bahcesehir University
Oğuz Tutal Development and Innovation Office
Mariusz Stepien Silesian University of Technology
Marcin Kaspezak Silesian University of Technology
Mike Nikoppoulos Tyrtaios
Avrami Vasiliki Tyrtaios
Yıldırım Yılmazoğlu Uluslararası Omurilik Felçlileri Derneği
Kamil Özokan Uluslararası Omurilik Felçlileri Derneği
3. Sessions and Topics
Meeting and presentations
Communication, project management and modus operandi issues
Defining outputs, activities and sharing responsibilities
Time planning for the first period of the project
4.     Details and Decisions
  Introductions and Presentations:   All meeting attendees introduced themselves and their institutions. Then, the TTO representative from Bahcesehir University made a visual presentation of what they are doing in the scope of the university and which projects they support, and other partners performed oral and written presentations to introduce themselves and their institutions. In addition, two experts from BAU VR Lab presented the lab infrastructure and the works of BAU on VR and gave examples of their projects.   After the presentations of the partners, the project’s presentation was carried out by the project coordinator. Within the scope of the presentation of the project, reminders were made through the general framework and the main lines of the project were shared with the participants. The questions about the details of the project were answered and the details were discussed. All participants were informed about the structure and details of the project, and they had the opportunity to get to know each other better.
Project Management and Coordination:   The general communication, management and coordination process of the project were discussed and the relevant decisions were made.   Topics such as how to manage the project, the way of management and who will be responsible, and how to make decisions were clarified.   The topics discussed, and the decisions made are as follows:   A Project Coordination Team (PCT) that will have a say in the management, communication and decision-making processes related to the project was decided. PCT will consist of a representative from each partner, consists of 5 people.  This team will consist of Tufan Adıgüzel, Oguz Tutal, Mariusz Stepien, Mike Nikoupoulos, Yıldırım Yılmazoğlu. These people will be able to appoint someone else to delegate their place in their absence.   It is decided to use an online project management tool in order to better track the project phases and process. Based on the suggestions of the partners, and considering the features of the tools, ‘’Trello’’ will be used for project management, ‘’Skype’’ will be used for online meetings, ‘’Google Drive’’ will be used for the documentation process.  The project secretariat, notably the BAU, will manage this documentation tool and perform the necessary updates, and the partners will take control and responsibility for the relevant parts, and carry out the necessary arrangements. Once the accounts are created, they will be shared with the partners.
In order to discuss the project, the project partners decided to make a ‘’Skype’’ conference in event-based or urgency situations. The meeting request will be notified to the partners via e-mail, a common time for the meeting according to availability.   The adoption of the principle of unanimous consensus on decisions, including disputes in the project, although it has been accepted by all partners, it is decided to use majority voting when it is necessary to prevent blockages and to provide continuance of the decision-making process. Each of the 5 organizations in the consortium has 1 vote. The voting person will vote on behalf of the institution. In this case, the risk of equal voting will be eliminated.   The meeting documents and reports will be prepared by the institution hosting the event/activity and shared with the project partners via Google Drive and Trello. The main responsible in the process of preparing the interim report and final reports will be BAU. But according to the internal partnership agreements, all of the partners are responsible for documentation of related activities such as the signature list, authorization, expenses, invoices, reports, travel documents etc. They are obliged to transmit these documents to the coordinator or directly to the European Commission in addition to the Turkish national agency.   Regarding the grant contract, it is emphasized that the partners should consider the starting date of the Project as March 1st, 2018. All expenses for the project and the invoices to be collected must be in this date range. If the person who will represent the name of the institution is not an official worker of the institution, a voluntary contract must be signed with the relevant worker. In this case, the relevant person will be able to spend. For the non-profit organizations, authorization documents and work agreements must be prepared according to program rules.   The project milestones document and the guiding examples of the project’s communication/documentation will be prepared and shared with the partners by BAU.  
3. Intellectual output and Responsibilities:   The outputs of the most important elements of the project were rearticulated. The presentations and details of the outputs were presented by Tufan Adıgüzel from BAU and Oğuz Tutal from KIO. Then the tasks according to the outputs and the responsibilities of each partner were shaped.   The details are as follows:      
The preparation process of the questionnaire on O1 will be under KIO’s responsibility. KIO will provide a guiding example of the template and what needs to be done about the survey templates and details. The template will be shared with the project partners. Then, the number of people with whom the project partners will conduct the questionnaire in their regions will be as stated in the internal partnership agreements. Translation of the answers in the local language for only open-ended questions will be under the responsibility of the partner who will conduct the survey. The survey results of each partner in their region will be shared with KIO and report will be prepared in the light of the results of the study by KIO. The surveys were decided to be completed in October and sent to KIO. KIO will make the report ready until the end of November.   The Process of developing the VR Mobile applications for O2 will be under BAU’s responsibility. In the process of designing and developing the mobile applications, the opinions of the project partners, especially UOFD and TYRTAIOS, have been taken. In technical terms, SUT will support BAU about the VR. The application developed will be tested on 1-2 people by each partner, the application will be improved according to the feedback received.    It is concluded that the sports activities which will be prepared for the VR application can be applied in real life, the activities will be prepared in accordance with the opinions of the project partners. Since people with disabilities already have a lot of psychological difficulties, the application to be prepared is expected to be realistic, and the activities in the application can be done by individuals without using the application. In this regard, climbing proposed in the application form was removed from the list.   The suggested sports activities for the application are as follows:   SwimmingChair RunningKayakingArcheryBoccia Table TennisRally Throwing (Javelin, Dart) Regarding O3, KIO will present a draft social inclusion program to the partners. This program will include sports applications produced under O2, with the inclusion of people with and without disabilities (peers and families) in the program in order to achieve the efficient targeted output. After completing the Program, this output will be tested internationally as a part of the C3 training.  
  4. Time Planning: Since the outcomes of the study visits will be used for planning the O1 and O2, it was decided that the study visits should be scheduled to close dates to each other by considering the starting dates for the O2 and O3 outputs. Accordingly, it was decided to make a study visit to Poland (C1) in September and Greece in October (C2). Although draft dates were determined to be on 26-28 September 2018 for Poland and on 25-28 October for Greece, exact dates will be determined by the agreement of partners by mail. The invitation letters will be forwarded to the partners by Poland, then by Greece, in order to make a visa application immediately.   The draft questionnaire will be ready by the beginning of September. The final version of the questionnaire is expected to be done in October. The report including assessment for O1 and O2 is expected to be written in November.   The draft dates for TM-2, which will take place in Poland, were discussed to be on 6-8 February or 24-26 January. The exact date will be decided via mail. After the 2nd meeting in Poland, the other parts of the calendar will be decided.   The dates specified for C1 and C2 represent working days and express 3 working days except for travel days. It will be asked to The Turkish National Agency by Mariusz and Oğuz whether the profiles of the C1 and C2 participants will be the same as the TM participants (Turkish National Agency Experts responded by saying that there is no requirement to have the same people in transnational meetings and study visits. If there is no problem with the project implementation, it is better to have different phases. However, if the participation of PM person is needed for the study visits or trainings, this need must be indicated in the final report of the project.).   In addition, the output coordinator will carry out the necessary information about the duties and the deadline of the outputs during this time.
5. Additional Notes
1. Visibility and dissemination strategy: With each partner’s decision, the following accounts were decided to be opened for the visibility and dissemination strategy.   It is the responsibility of BAU to use the online tools and create the materials. The host organization will prepare the news for the website if an event is involved and will send the prepared news to the coordinator. If an event is not involved, the coordinator will prepare the news. The coordinator will share the news on the project website and on their website. The partners will be free to take the news from the project website and translate it to their own languages.   Visibility: The designing of the logo and the roll-ups have been started and will be shared with the partners when completed.   Online Tools: Website (vr4inclusion.com), Social Media accounts (Twitter and Facebook), e-mail (vr4inclusion@gmail.com) will be used.  
2. For the pilot training in Greece (C3), 30 people were planned to participate in the project, including 15 people with disabilities and 15 people to accompany these participants.   However, the matters of finding a hotel to host people with disabilities (lack of adequate handicapped rooms), the transportation of them and decreasing the number of people with disabilities coming from the partners was discussed. Tyrtaios will conduct preliminary research on this issue and the details will be clarified at the TM-2 meeting.  
3. The importance of integrating individuals without disabilities and the ones with disabilities, making them produce together and having individuals with disabilities acting on their own without their families’ influence was discussed. In this direction, the idea of obtaining a protective friend was suggested. The idea was to create a protective friendship for individuals with and without disabilities coming together from different countries. It was suggested that this idea should be pushed for a KA1 project.